- About us
- Courses and training programs
- Work Planning and Career Development
Career Development Opportunities
- - Academic Careers and Development
- - Academic Development Program
- - Academic Promotions
- - Academic Mentoring Program
- - Education Support Allowance
- - Critical Management Conversations
- - Inspire Leadership Program
- - Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- - Speed Mentoring Forums
- - Staff Postgraduate Study Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Scholarships
- - Senior Management Group Conference
- - Strategy Forum
- - Professional Staff Mentoring Program
- How-to resources
- Contact us
- Coaching @ Western
Academic Development Program
What is the Academic Development Program (ADP)
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Who can apply?
Tenured members of the academic staff of the University will, under normal circumstances, be eligible to apply for ADP if they have completed at least three years continuous service - however please read relevant section of the ADP Policy - Eligibility to Undertake ADP.
If you are uncertain, please contact the ADP Coordinator at email@example.com, within the Office of Human Resources, for confirmation of your eligibility to apply.
Mentors - Link in to an ADP Mentor
How can I apply?
Applications should be on the current Application template (opens in a new window) and should be accompanied by a short CV (opens in a new window) (template provided) and your Research Activity Statement obtained from the Research Services Office.
All applicants will have to meet the assessment criteria as set out in the ADP policy and complete an application template. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Applications and any supporting documentation, from you or other parties, must be submitted electronically. Hard copies will not be accepted.
You are strongly advised to discuss your program with your Dean or Director before submitting an application.
Interactive Workshop Session
The 2020 ADP Interactive Session has been cancelled at this time.
Email Kim Nemetz with any specific questions that you may have. Please consult with your Dean and Academic Supervisor. the ADP Mentors are listed to help also.
Session Presentations from 2019
- Academic Development Program (Research Presentation) (PDF, 377.71 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Academic Development Program (Teaching Presentation) (PDF, 425.19 KB) (opens in a new window)
Workshop Presentations pre 2019
Following are the video's from the 2018 workshop.
- Professor Deborah Sweeney speaking to the Research and Development perspective in applying for ADP (opens in a new window)
- Professor Simon Barrie speaking to the Teaching and Learning perspective in applying for ADP (opens in a new window)
- What makes a strong ADP Application? (PDF, 132.33 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Associate Professor Paul Wormell speaking to the considerations when forming your application for ADP (opens in a new window)
- Academic Development Program (Writing skills Presentation) (PDF, 534.08 KB) (opens in a new window)
Important Dates for 2020 - amended
Round 1 - for undertaking ADP from the first half of 2021
- 12 March - Applications called
- on hold until mid June/July - Applications close - this date will be updated as soon as possible, please contact Kim Nemetz if you have any queries.
Round 2 - for undertaking ADP from the second half of 2021
- July - Applications called
- Late August - Applications close
- Late November - advice of outcomes
What obligations do I have if I am successful?
You must complete the ADP Undertaking Form and Leave and Payment Details Form, and submit to the ADP Coordinator. You also need to submit a report on your ADP upon your return. These obligations are further outlined in the ADP Procedures.
For any queries in regard to the ADP policy or process please email email@example.com or contact Kim Nemetz on x7416
- ADP Application Template (DOC, 67.5 KB) (opens in a new window)
- ADP CV Template (opens in a new window)
- Guidelines for Writing ADP Applications (PDF, 194.82 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Securing Success: 2018-2020 (opens in a new window)
- Learning Futures Plan (PDF, 3456.77 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 21C Project Strategy and School Pilot Reports(PDF, 3456.77 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Research and Innovation Plan 2018-2020 (PDF, 4640.61 KB) (opens in a new window) (staff login required)
- Global Futures - International Plan 2015-2020 (PDF, 2029.37 KB) (opens in a new window)
- ADP Undertaking Form (PDF, 37.13 KB) (opens in a new window)
- ADP Leave Details Form (PDF, 42.54 KB) (opens in a new window)