Peter Pickering has enjoyed an extensive and varied career in a variety of senior management positions with major Australian and international corporations.
Educated primarily in the field of Commerce and Business at the Universities of Newcastle, UTS and UNSW, he initially worked in the steel industry for the BHP Group. He then moved into the mining sector with global Canadian mining giant Placer Dome, working in Mexico and Canada as well as Australia. Peter then spent a long period with the German conglomerate Siemens leading the Defence Electronics project group in Australia but playing a significant role in major defence and air traffic projects in Germany and the UK.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Peter has been on the Board of over 60 companies during his career. He is interested in working with businesses under management and financial stress to develop and implement strategic, operational and financial transformation to enable re-establishment of successful company performance.
His areas of expertise include:
- CEO, CFO and COO experience;
- Ability to manage end-to-end operations;
- Create, negotiate and manage complex multinational commercial agreements;
- Establish, manage and restructure companies;
- Establish, manage, restructure and dissolve international joint ventures;
- Building and leading teams to execute complex and varied domestic and international business activities across multiple functions; and
- Project management of large complex projects involving multidisciplinary teams.